Patents and Designs
FPA’s revenue is generated from services in relation to patents and designs. The firm generates revenue acting for local clients, foreign corporates directly and clients referred by foreign associates.
FPA’s patent practice consists of 13 principals and 14 professional staff.
For clients seeking to register patents or designs in respect of their own IP, FPA provides services across all stages of the patent and design lifecycles, comprising pre-filing, filing, prosecution and renewal.
The types of services provided include:
- drafting patent specifications
- Australia – from filing to grant
- New Zealand – from filing to grant
- US, Europe, Asia and other jurisdictions
- extensions of time and late filing of applications
- maintaining a patent and renewals
- innovation patents
- design registration
- avoiding infringement
- enforceability and infringement
- strategic product line assessment
FPA’s patent practice consists of industry specialist groups comprising:
- chemistry and biotechnology; and
- physics and engineering.